SOS Children’s Villages takes action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
SOS Children’s Villages-Palestine started its operation in 1966 with the first SOS-Children’s Village in Bethlehem and is currently searching for experienced National Director to join the team of SOS Palestine National Office in Bethlehem.
Mission of the Position:
The National Director leads, manages and develops the National Association (NA) as its chief executive, ensuring effective delivery of programmes and services to children and young people, families and communities within the frame of the international SOS Children’s Villages organisation’s vision, mission, values and strategy. Through seeking governmental subsidies and funding, international/national grants as well as through fundraising he/she maximises the financial self-sufficiency of the National Association (and the ability to financially support other National Associations) according to the potential in the country.
General aim of the position:
- Lead the strategic planning processes to ensure sustainability and relevance of the NA’s work
- Ensure the operational effectiveness of all programmes and guarantee child-care quality according to the organisation’s defined standards
- Ensure the implementation of child safeguarding principles in the NA
- Ensure the effective and sustainable management of the NA’s financial and other resources
- Build the human capacity of the National Association to ensure long-term growth and stability
- Ensure strong local rooting by promoting the association’s local integration and by building recognition at all levels in the country. Strengthen the affiliation to the international Federation by participation in and contributing to international processes
- Promote and manage an appropriate image of the organisation both internally and externally, using SOS Children’s Villages values and standards as the basis for shaping the brand.
- Ensure the implementation of agreed SOS Children’s Villages International standards
Location: Bethlehem-West Bank with frequent visits to Gaza
Contract: Unlimited Contract
Direct Supervisor: President/Chairman of the NA with delegation to the CVI Representative
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
Governance Structure and Development
HR Management and Organisation Development
Programme Development, Management and Monitoring
Finance and Funds Management
Fund Development and Public Relations
Partnership building, Advocacy and Cooperation with external stakeholders
The Child Safeguarding (CS) team at national level is responsible to:
|Child Safeguarding (CS)
Key skills and qualifications for the position:
- University degree in business administration, education, social science discipline or similar
- Minimum 8-9 years leadership experience at a senior management/executive level in a larger or complex organisation
- Prior experience in one or more of the following functional areas: fundraising, marketing, human resources, finance/budgeting, social services provision, community development, education
- Experienced in strategy development, change management, driving innovation
- English language fluency in addition to the national language
- Understanding and usage of ICT and virtual collaboration in daily business
- Readiness to travel nationally and internationally as required
- Able to move between west bank and Gaza strip
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities
- Strategic orientation and entrepreneurial attitude: able to think globally, high-level analytical and conceptual abilities; able to identify opportunities for growth and develop organisational strategies
- Integrity: able to state views openly and act in line with beliefs, maintain the organisation’s values, ability to gain the trust and respect of stakeholders. Resilient personality
- Cooperation: Working experience in an international or complex organisation to be able to understand and live cooperation within a federation
- Collaboration: driven to work with others, able to build partnerships and networks
- Leadership: able to understand what drives and motivates others, able to build and lead high performing teams committed to organisational goals
- People development: driven to grow him/herself and to develop others; identifying and supporting development opportunities of co-workers; track-record in coaching, delegation skills, conflict resolution
- Communication: high-level written and verbal communication and presentation skills; strong in negotiations and influencing others
- Intercultural, gender and diversity sensitivity: able to bridge different national or organisational cultures and to work effectively in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment.
|-If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and motivation letter in English by Sunday, May 8th of 2022 at the latest to email@example.com. SOS Children’s Villages International, Human Resources, Vienna, Austria www.sos-childrensvillages.org/
-Indicating in the subject line: National Director Position
-Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Applications after deadline will be excluded. Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.
-Certificate of Good Conduct/Police Clearance is mandatory to be submit in case of selection.