SOS Children’s Villages takes action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
A three-year project funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, abbreviated BMZ. It is a cabinet-level ministry of the Federal Republic of Germany, founded in 1961, the Ministry works to encourage economic development within Germany and in other countries through international cooperation and partnerships. It cooperates with international organizations involved in development including the International Monetary Fund, World Bank, and the United Nations.
Position summary and main aims:
Within a three-year BMZ-funded project, The Financial Coordinator supports the Finance & Controlling Director (FCD) and the Chief Accountant in overseeing and controlling financial and administrative activities of a specific project. He or she assists in planning and budgeting and supports in implementation, monitors financial guidelines to ensure the project achieves set targets and goals effectively and efficiently. He or she is responsible for doing day to day accounting duties and financial reports preparation as requested by supervisors.
Contract Type: Limited Contract funded by BMZ Project
Location: Bethlehem with travel to other parts of the West Bank and Gaza.
Key Performance areas and Responsibilities:
Accounting and Coordination of Financial Activities.
- Implement financial and administrative policies as established by the Donor, NA and SOS CVI and notifies FCD and the Chief Accountant of any breaches.
- Participate in project steering meetings and advice steering team in the area of project financial management.
- Ensures that payments are authorized, relevant corroborating documents are attached and within the approved budget lines.
- Prepare Journal and payment vouchers promptly and properly.
- Prepare Checks and transfers.
- Project Journal Entries in SOS advanced finance Management Systems and Tools.
- In addition to SOS approved finance system, booking the Journal entries in other systems and tools as requested by the donor.
- Prepare periodic updates to Finance and Controlling Director to make sure sound decisions will be made.
- Inspect and review receipts and revenues.
- Register the donation in kinds and other donations.
- Coordinate receiving and submittal of accurate documents with location accountants.
- In collaboration with project manager, the Financial Coordinator is responsible for validating project activities and prepare/ update the project cash flow.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to finance project activities.
- Provide input and participate in the different budget cycle stages.
- Assist in reflecting budgets in SOS integrated finance system.
- Liaise with programme accountant and coordinate the proper treatment of received in kind donations, collection and control of revenues by ensuring that all cash and donations are receipted and deposited in time, all revenues from projects are collected and properly recorded as requested by supervisors.
- Keeps in close contact with project staff and focal points to understand project needs and facilitate and provide support.
- Follow up donations in kind registration and distribution.
- Assures that sufficient payment/journal vouchers are available, preparing the purchase requisition to print additional vouchers when needed and contacting the supplier to track the order.
- Follow up and verify delivery of requested services within vendors and service providers own systems, serve as focal point for suppliers contact.
- Liaise with suppliers to avoid any work interruptions and minimize lead time.
- Coordinate with National office accountant the settlement of different intercompany transactions.
- Maintain additional control and tracking records using different tools and template to ensure accuracy and reliability of internal transactions.
- Ensures having sufficient number of check books.
- Maintaining a well-organized archive in the NO for all project transactions.
- Maintain a comprehensive electronic archive for all project documents.
- Facilitate execution and implementation of urgent and important transactions.
- Review and verify financial reports submitted by implementing partners, inform FCD and the Chief Accountant of anomalies.
- Preparing the Tax and the Insurance for Project Staff / BMZ
Safeguarding of Assets
- Maintain an updated inventory list.
- Allocating acquired fixed assets to FA Cards with proper integration and depreciation.
- Keep abreast of programme accountant’s work in facility stores management to ensure that records are properly kept and all set procedures are maintained.
- Participate in undertaking internal and external audits.
- Participate in planning for internal audits.
Reporting & Support:
- Providing the facilities with the needed monthly financial reports such as budget comparison to minimize the variances with the approved budget.
- Support other departments like fund development and communications, Human resources and programmes through notifying them of revenues and advice.
- Prepare specific reports for the HOFC and the Chief accountant for planning and monitoring e.g. key ratios, monthly expenditure reports etc.
- Prepare customized financial reports for donors and external stakeholder.
- Responsible within own area of work to raise awareness of the SOS Child Protection Policy principles and to prevent and protect children from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination
- Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the IOR CS focal person and/or to the respective line manager
- BA Degree in the field of Finance and/or Accounting.
- Working experience of 3-5 Years in Financial Management.
- Experience in working for INGOs.
- Experience in working with internationally funded projects like: BMZ, GIZ or EU.
- Very good knowledge of fund management and regulations.
- Very good knowledge of English.
Competencies-Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Intermediate Skills in using MS Office 2019
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication skills.
- Analytical Thinking.
- Knowledge of IFRS.
- Problem Solving
Additional Preferable Qualifications:
- Knowledge of/ experience in using Microsoft Dynamics, power apps & financial modelling.
- Knowledge in project management, controlling and monitoring.
- Advance Credentials in Financial Management are preferred.
|-Interested candidates must send their Cover Letter including related job achievements, CV, and three traceable references to:|
– [email protected] by Friday 26/11/2021.
-Indicating in the subject line: Financial Coordinator
-Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications after deadline will be excluded. Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.
-Certificate of Good Conduct/Police Clearance is mandatory to be submit in case of selection.