SOS Children’s Villages takes action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
SOS Children’s Villages Palestine is in process of prequalifying a roster of professionals in Gaza Strip and West Bank to implement a humanitarian intervention. The main objectives of the project are to provide life-saving access to basic needs through multi-sector humanitarian assistance, as well as protection children, youth and their care givers, and to provide integrated and holistic durable solutions to support family recovery, build resilience and self-reliance by enabling early and long-term recovery.
Child Safeguarding Commitment:
SOS Children’s Villages works with children’s and youth. Any applicant he/she should act in a way that safeguards children and youth from all forms of discrimination, abuse, mistreatment and neglect, and will keep data about the children and youth in SOS Children’s Villages programmes confidential. He/she will report all concerns regarding actual or potential child abuse, mistreatment or any other violation of the Child Protection Policy according to our reporting and responding system. For sure, He/she would be protected and supported by the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
SOS Children’s Villages Palestine is searching for 5 Community Mobilizers (2 in West Bank and 3 in Gaza Strip).
Positions Title: Community Mobilizer in West Bank/Gaza Strip
Status: PART TIME on Daily Basis – Limited Contract.
Contract Type: Limited Contract subject to SOS Palestine priorities and fund availability.
The goal of this position is to mobilize and facilitate active participation of children, youth and caregivers in different types of activities within a project titled “Enhancing vulnerable individuals and families’ access to essential needs and lifesaving basic services in oPt”. The main role of the community mobilizer includes support the project social workers in creation of groups of beneficiaries to be part of the project activities, in addition of mobilizing and facilitating active participation of different target groups in the project activities. The community mobilizer reports directly to the Field Emergency Project coordinator and works in close coordination with the project team and Family Strengthening Programme.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
- Prepare list of attendees for different activities, with full coordination with the project social workers.
- Mobilize and facility active participation of the children, youth and caregivers and engage them progressively in the project activities.
- Support the project social workers in creating supportive groups with local partners for target beneficiaries in the community or in partner CBOs.
- Support the project social workers in the creation of groups of beneficiaries for attending activities related to the project.
- Coordinate field visits to intervene with the families according to the intervention plan.
- Provide regular reports on project implementation and progress of activities to the Field Emergency Project Coordinator.
Qualifications and Competencies for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work / Sociology.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience working directly with children and caregivers
- Work experience in a community mobilizations.
- Ability to combine field and office work;
Competencies – Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Good knowledge of social welfare policies, services, laws at national level and set up of national child protection and social system
- Good knowledge of child development, family functioning, human behavior and social environment
- Knowledge on social work ethics, theories and methods in work with children and families
- Knowledge on child protection and children rights
- Knowledge on how traditions, culture, beliefs and customs influence human functioning and development at all levels
- Understanding of cultural diversity, characteristics of special target groups, implications for assessment and intervention
- Good time management, organizational and administrative skills
- Team work and flexible.
Child Safeguarding (CS)
- Responsible within own area of work to raise awareness of the SOS Child Protection Policy principles and to prevent and protect children from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination
- Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the IOR CS focal person and/or to the respective line manager.
|Interested candidates must send their Cover Letter including related job achievements, CV, and three traceable references, to:
Recruitment@sos-palestine.org by Monday 27/11/2023
Indicating in the subject line: Community Mobilizer in West Bank or Gaza Strip.
Selection and recruitment of posts is subject to SOS Palestine priorities and Fund availability.
These posts are open for internal and external candidates.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications after deadline will be excluded.
Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.