Emergency Response Programme Coordinator
SOS Children’s Villages takes action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
SOS Children’s Villages-Palestine started its operation in 1966 with the first SOS-Children’s Village in Bethlehem and is currently searching for experienced ERP Coordinator to join the team. The ERP Coordinator will report to the Children’s Village Programme-Rafah Director.
Position summary and main aims:
The ERP Coordinator works in close collaboration with the SOS Palestine designated emergency program team and supporting departments (finance, human resources, Family Strengthening Program, and National IPD). The position requires good written and spoken communication skills and the ability to present ideas, building networks with local and international partners worked in Emergency Response Cluster in Gaza and guide efforts to improve emergency response partnerships and the program capacity
Contract Type: Limited Contract from 1st March 2022 to 31st December 2022.
Location: Gaza Office with frequent visits to Children’s Village Programme-Rafah.
Direct Supervisor: Children’s Village Programme Director – Rafah.
1. Institutional Partnership Development Officer.
2. Regional Emergency Response Advisor.
|Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
Child Safeguarding (CS)
Key skills and qualifications for the position:
- Master’s Degree in Disaster Management, Humanitarian Emergencies or other related field.
- Minimum five years (5) of experience in humanitarian aid context and/or work in the area of disaster management with focus on conflict sensitivity, post-conflict development and migratory crisis.
- 3-5 years’ extensive experience in planning, securing and managing funds from institutional donors as well as a through understanding of emergency programming.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience relevant to networking and PCM including project planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting.
- High level of computer literacy (including word processing, presentations, spreadsheet and project management applications).
- Demonstrate evidence of medium/large proposals developed.
- Understanding of program design.
Competencies – Knowledge, skills, abilities
- Demonstrable expertise on the use and contextualisation of humanitarian standards and principles such as The Sphere, Child Protection Minimum Standards, LEGS, INEE etc.
- Previous experience working with Clusters/ Working Groups in the humanitarian Context.
- Skills and knowledge in the field of Cash and Voucher assistance are an advantage.
- CHS experience.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of working in virtual teams/building effective working relationships.
- Fluency in English language, oral and written, is mandatory.
- Experience in Child Protection is a strong asset.
|– Interested candidates must send their Cover Letter including related job achievements, CV, and three traceable references to:
– [email protected] by Wednesday, February 16th of 2022.
– Indicating in the subject line: ERP Coordinator
– Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications after deadline will be excluded. Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.
– Certificate of Good Conduct/Police Clearance is mandatory to be submit in case of selection.