Individual giving and communications officer
SOS Children’s Villages takes action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
SOS Children’s Villages-Palestine started its operation in 1966 with the first SOS-Children’s Village in Bethlehem and is currently searching for experienced Individual Giving (IG) and Communications Officer to join the team of SOS Palestine National Office in Bethlehem. The Individual Giving (IG) and Communications Officer will report directly to Fundraising Development and Communications Director (FDC).
Position summary and main aims:
The main aim of the Individual Giving (IG) and Communications Officer role is to pursue opportunities with & fundraise from current and potential individuals to fund the relevant programmes, investments and costs of the Member Association. Through developing and implementing the individual giving strategy to reach annual targets and based on agreed KPI’s. IG & Communication officer should be creative and capable of developing and maintaining strong strategic mix of products (for: committed giving, sporadic gifts, merchandising, etc) and channels (digital, mass media, legacy, events). The role aims to assist the MA and FDC Director in decision making process through providing monitoring, evaluating and analysing the IG actual results (vs. the targets) and analysing the competitor activities and market trends. Moreover, the aim is also to strongly network and position SOS Children’s Villages brand according to the brand vision, mission and values and to develop an annual external communications strategy in alignment with the overall MA national strategy.
Contract: 3 months Limited Contract (Replacement) and might be extended
Direct Supervisor: Fund Development and Communications (FDC) Director
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and review of acquisition strategy to maximise life-time value based on KPI’s provided by FDC Director and team
- Responsible for innovating, creating, coordinating and monitoring all acquisition Individual Giving activities for the purposes of raising funds from individuals and encouraging committed giving
- Plans, monitors, analyses, evaluates and improve acquisition campaigns and activities according to the planning and reporting procedure and against defined and agreed targets and KPIs/ Controlling Figures (such as response rates, PBT (payback time), ROI, attrition rate, real net income).
- Facilitates and follows up on integrations of the fundraising database (Salesforce), with mail chimp, online merchants, banking systems, FB, WhatsApp and other related platforms
- Liaise with FDC team colleagues on individual giving initiatives conducted in cooperation with corporates or IPD partners
- Adheres to all official manuals, guidelines, minutes of Fund Development & Communication Workshops and standards issued by the SOS Children’s Villages or the Fund Development & Communications Department EUCM as well as to the legal requirements in the country.
- Acts as part of and attends the Fund Development & Communications EUCM ALL related network meetings and co-operates and supports IG & Communications officers and fundraisers of other countries in the region, and encourages sharing good practices.
Digital Media and Fundraising:
- Recruits and upgrades of committed givers directly via online channels to ensure sustainable income, including (Email Marketing via Mailchimp, FB Leads, LinkedIn Ads, WhatsApp messages, Google Ads and Instagram ads)
- Converts leads and one-off donors to committed givers via online channels to ensure sustainable income
- Improves employing digital media platforms and tools in implementing and development of fundraising campaigns
- Responsible for verification, management, and sustainability of online channels (accounts) social media channels and website
- Responsible for online content published on campaign landing pages & website
- Responsible for tracking, analysing & reporting online FR campaigns based on standard KPI
Communications and brand:
- Develop overall annual communications strategy, with special focus on donor acquisition & retention.
- Develop and plan outreach activities & uses all available media platforms, social media channels and media relations to promote the work and impact of SOS Children’s Villages Palestine.
- Define, implement and fulfil the individual fundraising and communications strategies in collaboration with the Director of FDC as reflected in the National Strategic Plan
- Provide communications expertise to the FDC team, accompany fundraising campaigns and on-going content management and improvement of the Website and social media
- Collect and support in producing compelling and engaging content (Stories, articles, PR, photos, videos, interviews) across several media outlets including social media, website, and newsletter that increase engagement and drive fundraising leads.
- Closely cooperate with the National Director, the FDC Director, the National Programme Development Director, and the National advisors to pursue a consistent message about the organisation and its mission and activities
- Positions the MA as a strong and consistent brand among potential and existing supporters based on the model, vision, mission and values. And maintain on-going brand integrity via consistent application of the brand guidelines.
- Provide recommendations and guidance on brand matters and brand compliance during the implementation of main activities.
- Liaise with FDC team colleagues for donor visibility, compliances and events preparations.
- Prepare and provide monthly media monitoring reports
Strategic Relationship and Financial Management
- Source, evaluate, establish and manage related supplier relationships in the best interest of the organisation.
- Providing timely information and reporting for management decision-making.
- Manage actual versus forecasted budgets monthly and analyse variances between income and expenses monthly.
- Manage individual targets and activities monthly.
- Assist in compiling and submitting donors fundraising reports timely and accurately.
Child rights & advocacy
- Ensures child safeguarding issues and knowledge of media policy procedures to remain key in all actions and decision with all partners and FDC service providers.
- Child rights & advocacy: the fundraiser ensures that communication for fundraising follows a child-rights terminology and approach (incl. respect of the children’s right to privacy) and is co-ordinated and consistent with communication and messages pursuing advocacy objectives. She/he meets regularly with MA staff in charge for advocacy activities to share information and co-ordinate the timing and the content of their activities.
Child Safeguarding (CS)
- Responsible within own area of work to raise awareness of the SOS Child Protection Policy principles and to prevent and protect children from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination.
- Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the IOR CS focal person and/or to the respective line manager.
Key skills and qualifications for the position:
- A proven track record of at least 3-5 years in media and communications, online fundraising, digital marketing or online sales – depending on the educational background
- Ability to do online fundraising campaigns in-house; hands-on creating and publishing campaign ads, setting up all relevant tracking tools, monitor and optimize online campaigns continuously in-house based on data analysis
- University degree in marketing, sales, media, fundraising or any related field
- Can identify with the vision, mission and values of SOS Children’s Villages
- Fundraising approach – optimistic person; creative and result oriented; attitude of never-give-up and try-again
- Understanding for the specific position of Communications towards Fundraising
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The person must have technical knowledge for briefing web developers and defining requirements regarding development of website and online fundraising tools, such as campaign landing pages and online donation forms
- Working experience with image editing apps such as Adobe Photoshop Elements and video editing software such as Adobe Premiere Elements is a clear asset.
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities
- Experience in planning, executing and analysing acquisition campaigns via mass marketing and direct marketing channels and tools
- Knowledge and experience in customer relationship management (donor lifetime cycle)
- Excellent networking skills (mainly with professional field of journalists and agencies)
- Self-motivated, determined, innovative, pro-active and with a “can do” mentality, i.e. ability to identify and take advantage of fundraising opportunities
- Optimistic person; creative and result oriented; interdisciplinary thinking regarding individual and corporate fundraising; familiar with competitor monitoring; attitude of never-give-up and try-again.
- Good written and spoken English skills
- Good MS Office commands (Word, Power Point, especially Access and Excel)
- Able to manage own time and to work under high pressure
Preferred Additional Criteria
- Good at relationship-building with different layers of the organization
- Able to work with or within a virtual team
- Feeling for design and layout
- Conveys written information in a well organized, accurate and concise manner that can be easily understood by others (e.g. target group)
- Good contacts to media and agencies (advertising, communication, telemarketing, direct marketing)
Interested candidates must send their Cover Letter including related job achievements, CV, and three traceable references to:
- H[email protected] by 3rd of February 2023.
- Indicating in the subject line: IG & Communications Officer
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Applications after deadline will be excluded. Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.
- Certificate of Good Conduct/Police Clearance is mandatory to be submit in case of selection.