NURSE – GAZA STRIP
SOS Children’s Villages takes action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
SOS Children’s Villages Palestine and UNICEF are doing a joint project targeting the Unaccompanied and Separated Children (UASC) where SOS Palestine will accommodate 55 children between the age 0-10 years old. SOS Palestine will provide the children with the basic needs in terms of accommodation, food, health and hygiene, and clothing to facilitate their emotional, mental and physical recovery, in addition to case management, MHPSS services, age appropriate educational and recreational activities. This project will be for 1 year starting from December 2023.
Child Safeguarding Commitment:
SOS Children’s Villages works with children’s and youth. Any applicant he/she should act in a way that safeguards children and youth from all forms of discrimination, abuse, mistreatment and neglect, and will keep data about the children and youth in SOS Children’s Villages programmes confidential. He/she will report all concerns regarding actual or potential child abuse, mistreatment or any other violation of the Child Protection Policy according to our reporting and responding system. For sure, He/she would be protected and supported by the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
SOS Children’s Villages Palestine is searching for:
Position Title: Nurse
Location: SOS Children’s Village Programme in Rafah
Status: Full Time Limited Contract.
Contract Type: Limited Contract for 6 Months and might be extended, subject to SOS Palestine priorities and fund availability.
|Mission of the position:
|Ensure quality and continuity of care for patients. Provide nursing care, treatment and follow-up, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols and universal hygiene standards.
|Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
· Ensure an appropriate written/oral handover, and report any problematic situations and cases that may arise.
· Carry-out and supervise administrative procedures and documents. Fill in patients files, forms, consumptions, statistics, health files.
· Participate in data collection and keep doctors/supervisors informed.
· Train nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff in their work with special focus in following all appropriate protocols and procedures.
· Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria (including universal precautions) are met.
· Ensure proper fulfilment of administrative procedures and documents (patients files, forms, statistics, database) and elaborate regular reporting.
Child Safeguarding (CS)
Qualifications and Competencies for the position:
- Bachelor’s/Diploma degree in Nursing.
- At least 2-3 years’ relevant work experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the organisation SOS CV Int, its values, principles and mission
Competencies – Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Good knowledge of child development, family functioning, human behaviour and social environment
- Knowledge on social work ethics, theories and methods in work with children and families
- Knowledge on child protection and children rights
- Knowledge on how traditions, culture, beliefs and customs influence human functioning and development at all levels
- Good time management, organisational and administrative skills
- Team work and flexible.
- Ability to supervise and train others
- Willingness to work in unstable environments
- Strong resilience to physical and psychological stress and strains
Preferred Additional Criteria
- Desirably international humanitarian field experience and preferably work experience in emergency missions.
|Interested candidates must send their Cover Letter including related job achievements, CV, and three traceable references, to:
Recruitment@sos-palestine.org by Tuesday 19/12/2023
Indicating in the subject line: Nurse
Selection and recruitment of posts is subject to SOS Palestine priorities and Fund availability.
These posts are open for internal and external candidates.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications after deadline will be excluded.
Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.