National Child Safeguarding Advisor
SOS Children’s Villages takes action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
SOS Children’s Villages-Palestine started its operation in 1966 with the first SOS-Children’s Village in Bethlehem and is currently searching for experienced Child Safeguarding Advisor to join the team of SOS Palestine National Office in Bethlehem. The National Child Safeguarding Advisor will report directly to National Programme Development Director (NPDD).
Position summary and main aims:
The mission of the national Child Safeguarding (CS) Advisor is to coordinate and support the implementation of the Child Protection Policy and related child safeguarding policy support documents in the member association and all its programmes in order to mitigate existing child safeguarding risks for children and young people who are directly and indirectly cared for and supported through SOS Children’s Villages Programmes.
As a member of the national programme development department, she/he contributes to setting and reaching the strategic objectives and targets of the MA in the area of improving the Child Safeguarding programme quality and develop the existing structure of the programme in both locations, the West Bank Programme and the Gaza Programme.
She/he provides technical expertise and content-wise leads SOS Children’s Village Programme Directors and Programme Coordinators in planning, implementing and the monitoring of the CS interventions in the area.
The NCS will also be responsible for implementation and monitoring of quality standards in the area of Child Safeguarding (CSG), ensuring full compliance with SOS Children’s Villages child safeguarding standards and procedures and adapting them within the country context. As a member of the regional EUCM network, the NCS shares good practices and experiences with colleagues from other MAs.
Location: Bethlehem-West Bank with frequent visits to Gaza
Contract: Unlimited Contract
Direct Supervisor: National Programme Development Director
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
|Child Safeguarding (CS)
Key skills and qualifications for the position:
- University degree education in social sciences or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in social welfare field, preferably in the sector of child and youth welfare
- Good knowledge of international standards, legal issues, and current directions of national development in the field of child’s rights approach, child protection, and safeguarding.
- Good knowledge in social welfare systems and Child Safeguarding and child protection policies, concepts, procedures, and system building.
- Good Knowledge of incidents management and investigation
- Experienced in child abuse prevention, awareness building, and advocacy for change
- Good knowledge in safeguarding system assessment and planning for system improvement
- Obtain investigation and program audit skills
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English and Arabic
- Strong communication, negotiation, and advocating skills
- Willingness and ability to travel within the country, including Gaza governorate
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Facilitation, negotiation, public speaking, and interviewing skills
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Good coordination and organization skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize, organize and deliver results.
- Knowledge and skills in conducting training with children, young people, and adults
- Ability to work under pressure
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
|-Interested candidates must send their Cover Letter including related job achievements, CV, and three traceable references to:
–email@example.com by Wednesday, April 6th of 2022.
-Indicating in the subject line: National CS Advisor Position
-Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Applications after deadline will be excluded. Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.
-Certificate of Good Conduct/Police Clearance is mandatory to be submit in case of selection.