National Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
SOS Children’s Villages takes action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
SOS Children’s Villages-Palestine started its operation in 1966 with the first SOS-Children’s Village in Bethlehem and is currently searching for experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to join the team of SOS Palestine National Office in Bethlehem. The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will report directly to National Programme Development Director (NPDD).
Position summary and main aims:
Under the leadership of National Programme Development Director (NPDD), the National M&E Advisor drives the development and implementation of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E), Results based management (RBM), and quality assurance (QA) in the Member Association. S/he builds M&E capacity in the member association and provides technical expertise to national and programme management in the implementation of Results Based Management including programme management system i.e. ProDIGI. S/he supports programmes with implementation of PDB2, monitors data quality and analyses programme trends. S/he supports the NPDD, other national programme advisors and programme management to develop quality assurance in the MA. As a member of the regional M&E network, s/he shares good practices and experiences with other MAs and contributes to the development of M&E in the region.
Location: Bethlehem-West Bank with frequent visits to Gaza
Contract: Unlimited Contract
Direct Supervisor: National Programme Development Director (NPDD)
Key performance areas and main responsibilities
- Acts as an advisor to the national and programme management and staff on M&E, RBM, and QA
- Coordinates and supports national and programme management in the implementation of RBM in line with international policy support documents, and monitors progress
- Coordinates the development of national RBM and QA actions during annual planning
- Coordinates external and internal needs assessments, feasibility studies etc.
- Provides technical expertise to support the development of key programme planning documents i.e. concept note, results framework, activity schedule
- Provides technical expertise to national and programme staff in developing and applying monitoring plans and respective data collection tools
- Coordinates external evaluations and social impact studies
- Supports programme management with and monitors implementation of PDB2 and digital programme management systems i.e. ProDIGI to ensure data quality
- Provides technical expertise to PD and HR in defining and monitoring programme KPIs
- Aggregates and analyses data and supports NPDD and advisors to derive trends for informed decision-making and strategic planning
- Supports the NPDD in the development of an internal Quality Assurance systematic approach, including standardized tools and processes (e.g. quality audit) in accordance with federation and national standards, policies and guidelines, and SOS RBM approach
- Supports IPD in the development of key RBM documents for IPD projects including ERPs
- Provides capacity building on M&E to national and programme staff based on needs identified
- Collects, documents and distributes lessons learnt as well as identified challenges
- Facilitates internal and external knowledge sharing on M&E
- Participates in the regional M&E network
- Keeps updated on latest developments and research in the field of monitoring and evaluation, RBM and quality assurance
Child Safeguarding (CS)
- Responsible within own area of work to raise awareness of the SOS Child Protection Policy principles and to prevent and protect children from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination.
- Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the IOR CS focal person and/or to the respective line manager.
Key skills and qualifications for the position:
- Bachelor degree in a relevant subject area, e.g. development studies, community development, public policy & planning, social sciences, etc.
- At least 3 years of monitoring and evaluation experience in the field of social development
- Good command of English, written and spoken
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities
- Expertise in developing and coordinating implementation of M&E systems, processes and tools
- Experience in conducting and/or managing project evaluations and related methodology (quantitative and qualitative)
- Knowledge of Results Based Management and/or Project Cycle Management
- Knowledge of human rights and rights-based approaches in the development and monitoring of programmes
- Strong communication skills
- Well-developed training, facilitation and presentation skills
- Organisational and planning skills
- Willingness to travel within the country
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
Preferred Additional Criteria
- Knowledge of national policy developments in the area of child welfare
- Experience using an array of statistical, analytical, database and other standard software (e.g.: SPSS, STATA, etc.)
- Experience in advising and consulting work
- Readiness for professional development
- A team player who is culturally astute, respectful and tolerant.
|-Interested candidates must send their Cover Letter including related job achievements, CV, and three traceable references to:
–firstname.lastname@example.org by Sun. 27th of November 2022
-Indicating in the subject line: National M&E Advisor Position
-Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Applications after deadline will be excluded. Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.
-Certificate of Good Conduct/Police Clearance is mandatory to be submit in case of selection.