SOS Children’s Villages takes action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
A three-year project funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, abbreviated BMZ. It is a cabinet-level ministry of the Federal Republic of Germany, founded in 1961, the Ministry works to encourage economic development within Germany and in other countries through international cooperation and partnerships. It cooperates with international organizations involved in development including the International Monetary Fund, World Bank, and the United Nations.
Position summary and main aims:
Within a three-year BMZ-funded project, the project coordinator is responsible to coordinate the activities of gender empowerment, mental health and project psycho-social support services that focuses on improving the community-based organizations through a community-based model to empower marginalized families and communities in the West Bank and Gaza Strip of Palestine through quality individual and group interventions.
Contract Type: Limited Contract funded by BMZ Project
Location: Gaza Strip
Key Performance areas and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate project implementation according to project actions, in line with timeline and donor requirements including monitoring and reporting (both narrative progress reporting and financial reporting);
- Initiate and coordinate project activities in coordination and liaison with Programme staff in Bethlehem and the Gaza Strip;
- Support and coordinate the work of project pscyhologist and social worker in line with vision and plan of project manager;
- Match and align project activities according to agreement with donor and in liaison with civil society actors in the field that will support in the implementation of the project;
- Assisst the project manager in maintain civil society actors involved in the project and create an actors network. Women empowerment and PSS (Psychosocial support) actors network, present SOS and ensure proper planning for the network meetings according to results of assessments codnucted for the project;
- Liaise and represent the project manager with internal and external stakeholders and participate in stakeholder meetings and forums;
- Follow up the implementation of memorandum of undrestandings with partners.
Child Safeguarding (CS)
- Responsible within own area of work to raise awareness of the SOS Child Protection Policy principles and to prevent and protect children from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination
- Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the IOR CS focal person and/or to the respective line manager
- At least 3 to 5 years experience in project cycle management and budget control;
- At least bachelor degree in social work, education, human rights,development studies, gender or any related field;
- Good Knowledge of Case Management approach;
- Ability to manage data collection through multiple forms including but not limited to: surveys, focus groups discussions; and interviews with beneficiaries and stakeholders;
- Work experience and training on gender equality and violence psycho-social support services, working with community based organizaitons;
- Proven experience in developing training and in providing capacity building activities
- Ability to work on tight deadlines, be competent in using Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability to combine field and office work;
- Exceptional English and Arabic reporting and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with families.
Competencies – Knowledge, skills, abilities
- Knowledge of national policy developments in the area of child welfare
- Good knowledge and understanding of children’s rights and rights-based approaches in the development of programmes
- Knowledge on social work ethics, theories and methods in work with children and families.
- Awareness and understanding of social development issues including gender, education, health, HIV/AIDS, etc.
- Experience in budget development and knowledge in financial management
- High level of communication skills, networking, partnership building skills
- Time and managmenet skills
- Ability to foster team work
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Planning skills
- Positive and professional approach: highly organised, result-oriented, proactive and reliable
- Analytical skills
Preferred Additional Criteria:
- Experience in community mobilisation, advocacy and public funding applications
|-Interested candidates must send their Cover Letter including related job achievements, CV, and three traceable references to:
–[email protected] by Friday 26/11/2021.
-Indicating in the subject line: Project Coordinator
-Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications after deadline will be excluded. Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.
-Certificate of Good Conduct/Police Clearance is mandatory to be submit in case of selection.