SOS Children’s Villages takes action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
A three-year project funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, abbreviated BMZ. It is a cabinet-level ministry of the Federal Republic of Germany, founded in 1961, the Ministry works to encourage economic development within Germany and in other countries through international cooperation and partnerships. It cooperates with international organizations involved in development including the International Monetary Fund, World Bank, and the United Nations.
Position summary and main aims:
Within Three-year BMZ-funded project, the Project Manager is responsible to perform all the project management services for the project of Strengthening Gender Equality and Protection of Children/families from Violence in the West Bank and Gaza (GEP-V). Manage and Coordinate gender empowerment, mental health, and project psycho-social support services that focuses on improving the community based organizations through a community based model to empower and marginalize families and communities in the West Bank and Gaza Strip through quality individual and group interventions. The project manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the project implementation and reporting to the National Programme Development Director (NPDD).
Contract Type: Limited contract funded by BMZ Project
Location: Bethlehem with frequent visits to the West Bank and the Gaza Strip
Key Performance areas and Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence to the provisions of the Development Grant Agreement
- Supervise and direct all Project Staff in the performance of their respective duties and ensure the efficient functioning of the team.
- Monitor and evaluate project activities and ensure their coordination and integration with the relevent stakeholders and authorities.
- Consolidate the progress annual reports, summarizing the major outputs, and activities of the project.
- Provide Updated quarter reports to the IOR &HGFD on all related activities.
- Manage project implementation according to donor requirements including monitoring and reporting (both narrative progress reporting and financial reporting);
- Ensure choosing suitable partners for the specialized services in gender based violence and gender equality;
- Network and coordinate with partners to activate a referral mechanism;
- Ensure implemetation of project activities within the action plan and budget;
- Build, manage and maintain civil society actors involved in the project and create an actors network. Women empowerment and PSS (Psychosocial support) actors network, present SOS and ensure proper planning for the network meetings according to results of assessments conducted for the project;
- Regular communication with the project partners (give regular management updates, inform on next steps, remind of deadlines and tasks, etc.)
- Liaise and represent the project with internal and external and participate in stakeholder meetings and forums;
- Prepare and manage the implementation of memorandum of undrestandings with partners.
Child Safeguarding (CS)
- Responsible within own area of work to raise awareness of the SOS Child Protection Policy principles and to prevent and protect children from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination
- Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the IOR CS focal person and/or to the respective line manager
- At least 3 to 5 years experience in project cycle management and budget control;
- At least bachelor degree in business administration, social work, education, human rights, or development studies; Masters‘ Degree is preferrable in Social Science, Social Development, Buisness Administration, Project Management, Gender or any other related field.
- Ability to manage data collection through multiple forms including but not limited to: surveys, focus groups discussions; and interviews with beneficiaries and stakeholders;
- Work experience and training on Gender Based Violent interventions, psycho-social support services, working with community based organizaitons;
- Ability to work on tight deadlines, be competent in using Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability to combine field and office work;
- Exceptional English and Arabic reporting and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment
Competencies – Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong supervisory, interpersonal and staff support skills, ability to motivate and lead employees and encourage decisions to be made within team environment.
- Proven ability to foster teamwork and enhance performance and to coordinate with relevant stakeholders.
- A good knwoledge of the Palestinian Social Context.
- Experience in project management, planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Good knowledge and understanding of children’s rights and rights-based approaches in the development of programmes
- Awareness and understanding of social development issues including gender, education, health, HIV/AIDS, etc.
- Experience in budget development and knowledge in financial management
- High level of communication skills
- Time and stress management
Preferred Additional Criteria:
- Experience in community mobilization and advocacy
- Knowledge of national policy developments in the area of child welfare.
|-Interested candidates must send their Cover Letter including related job achievements, CV, and three traceable references to:
– [email protected] by Friday 26/11/2021.
– Indicating in the subject line: Project Manager
-Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications after deadline will be excluded. Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.
-Certificate of Good Conduct/Police Clearance is mandatory to be submit in case of selection.