Project Officer, Emergency
SOS Children’s Villages takes action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
Position: Project Officer, Emergency
Line Manager: Rafah Programme Director
Status: Full Time
Location: Rafah – Gaza Strip
Child Safeguarding Commitment:
SOS Children’s Villages works with children’s and youth. Any applicant he/she should act in a way that safeguards children and youth from all forms of discrimination, abuse, mistreatment and neglect, and will keep data about the children and youth in SOS Children’s Villages programmes confidential. He/she will report all concerns regarding actual or potential child abuse, mistreatment or any other violation of the Child Protection Policy according to our reporting and responding system. For sure, He/she would be protected and supported by the organization.
Under the overall supervision of the Location Programme Director the job holder is responsible for leading and coordinating of a project that would support children, adolescents and women victims of the recent escalation of violence in the Gaza Strip, and ensuring cooperation and implementation of the project activities with full compliance with the local government in Gaza, the team in the programme location and others stakeholders’ collaboration at all levels.
General aim of the position
The general aim of this position is to support the delivery of effective and high quality MHPSS (one-on-one) for families affected area in the Rafah governorate: West Rafah, Tal-Al-Sultan, Saudi 1-2-3, and other relevant areas in the Khan Younis, Beit Lahya, Beit Hannoun, Jabalia, Gaza and Rafah.
- The project coordinator is responsible in planning, supporting, monitoring, implementing, leading, and coordinating of the project team at Rafah Programme offices;
- Full coordination and collaboration with the MOSD in the Gaza Strip, ensuring full compliance with Rafah Programme team;
- Contribute to ERP, project proposal; provide input on need and gaps assessment, ensuring full coordination of project staff, resources and programme location resources;
- Adherence of all SOS policies and procedures applicable for the projects, including but not limited to the SOS CV code of conduct, child safeguarding policies;
- Monitor, manage and control project budgets, in line with the project documents and policies and procedures of SOS CV;
- Ensure that, project target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess new ways to assist, promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities;
- Provision of a referral process that would allow the psychologists to refer cases to relevant specialized partners when needed; To ensure that the Child Friendly Space is running and safety there is secured
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local and other key stakeholders;
- Ensure full support to project staff and capacity building on areas that are relevant to ensure monitoring and coordination of the project according to project plan;
- Monitor and regular reporting the project implementation and delivery of ERP and ensure full compliance with location staff and National Office;
- Integration of project studies and assessment in the day-to-day operations of the project.
- Implement a feedback mechanism system for all target groups and has to information management regarding this feedback mechanism.
Cooperation and Reporting Relationships
- Cooperates and has a direct relationship with Project Psychologists, Emergency Advisor in the Regional Office, Project accountant, Programme Assistant, and Logistics team, MOSD staff, project partners focal points.
- Directly reports to Rafah Programme Director.
Priority tasks & responsibilities
- Represents the organization’s emergency response program in Rafah and collaboration with MOSD, project partners focal points, at National, zonal and regional level and ensure a positive collaboration and working relationship with pertinent government offices and a good public image of the organization.
- Actively participate and coordinate in national, regional and local post conflict emergency response clusters/coordination meeting with NGOs, UN agencies and government offices and update the proceedings to national office, Program management team and field officers.
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of post-war relief emergency response activities and, closely monitor, evaluate, report their development and flag potential issues on time.
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of post conflict emergency response activities and, closely monitor, evaluate, report their development and flag potential issues on time.
- Responsible for preparing monthly, quarterly, interim narrative and financial reports and submit on time to the project signatories at all level
- Provide technical support for field officers/psychologists in planning and implementation of the program
- Support the field officer/psychologists and CBOs, partners in community mobilization and management
- Conduct regular Bi-weekly and monthly meeting with field staff/psychologists and share the minute with the national ERP team members
- Ensure all HR, logistic, and financial matters of the field office are communicated to Programme Director,
- Approves all the financial and procurement requests from the field staff as per the guideline
- Provides solutions, advices and decisions to problems faced by the project during implementation.
- Conduct situation assessment, develop concept note and share to the national office team, regional team and present project when needed,
- Participate and apply on various need assessment events and recommendations from external consultants, regional office, MOSD and partners in the field,
- Ensure adherence to SOS CV policies such as the Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Standards and others as well as the minimum standards of humanitarian relief,
- Participates in the recruitment, training and development of the project staff
- The project coordinator shall take any additional responsibilities as requested by his supervisor
- Experience or education in one of the following fields is an asset: food security, cash and voucher assistance, child protection in emergencies, health, nutrition, WASH, Livelihood, MHPSS
- 3-5 years of experience in leading and coordinating humanitarian aid and/or development work in multi-cluster INGOs
- Experience and knowledge of emergency response project management including emergency needs assessment, project design, development and implementation
- Good understanding of humanitarian issues and sympathy with the aims and objectives of the organization; commitment to humanitarian principles and the Red Cross and INGO’s code of conduct
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with child friendly spaces.
- Ability at being flexible and adapt to changing circumstance
- Ability to cope with stress; patience and flexibility
- Experience with establishing strong and effective working relationships with colleagues from different backgrounds, cultures and experience
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with colleagues in course of work
- Local knowledge in terms of its culture, economic and social trends is an asset
- Strong leadership skills, strong communication skills, with good written and spoken English.
- Basic proficiency in the use of MS Office, Email and other computer applications
- Willingness and ability to frequently travel to the field up to 70% of working time
|Interested candidates must send their Cover Letter including related job achievements, CV, and three traceable references to:|
firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 07/07/2021.
Indicating in the subject line: Project Officer, Emergency
Only short listed candidates will be contacted Applications after deadline will be excluded. Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.